ZMsend cares about your privacy while you use this website and our community. We are committed to protecting your personal information and respecting your privacy. It is your personal data and we respect that. For this reason, we collect and use personal data only as it might be needed for us to deliver to you our world-class products, services and websites (collectively, our “Services”). Your personal data may include information such as:
Other data collected that could directly or indirectly identify you.
If at any time you have questions about our practices or any of your rights described below, you may reach our dedicated team that supports this office by contacting us at email@example.com This inbox is actively monitored and managed so that we can deliver an experience that you can confidently trust.
What information is collected?
We collect information so that we can provide the best possible experience when you utilise our Services. Much of what you likely consider personal data is collected directly from you when you:
- create an account or purchase any of our Services (eg: billing information, including name, address, credit card number);
- request assistance from our customer support team;
- complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (eg: email); or
- participate in contests, pre-orders, sales, promotions and surveys, apply for a job, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
- However, we also collect additional information when delivering our Services to you to ensure necessary and optimal performance. These methods of collection may not be as obvious to you, so we wanted to highlight and explain below a bit more about what these might be (as they vary from time to time) and how they work:
Account related information
Account related information is collected in association with your use of our Services, such as account number, purchases, when products renew or expire, information requests, support requests and notes or details explaining what you asked for and how we responded.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies and Similar Technologies on our website are used solely to enable the website to function. We do not use tracking cookies and/ or may use relevant third party cookies.
Data about Usage of Services
Data about Usage of Services is automatically collected when you use and interact with our Services, including metadata, log files, cookie/device IDs and location information. This information includes specific data about your interactions with the features, content and links (including those of third-parties, such as social media plugins) contained within the Services, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were used, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data, information about devices accessing the Services, including type of device, what operating system is used, device settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and error data, and some of this data collected might be capable of and be used to approximate your location.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure and we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, contractual and managerial procedures, including our Information Security Management System and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, to protect your personal data. Our employees who have access to and process your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality and security of your personal data.
How we utilise information.
We strongly believe in both minimising the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes. These uses include:
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing the Services we provide to you.
We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilise this information to:
- Improve and optimise the operation and performance of our Services (again, including our websites and mobile applications)
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyse how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
- Often, much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal data, but to the extent it is itself personal data, or is linked or linkable to personal data, we treat it accordingly.
Sharing with trusted third parties.
We may share your personal data with affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management.
- We only share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide the services as requested or as needed on our behalf. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent). For further information on our sub-processors please refer to [insert link]
Communicating with you
We may contact you directly or through a third party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up or purchased from us, such as necessary to deliver transactional or service related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you’ll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don’t need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. These contacts may include:
- Telephone calls
- If you believe that anyone has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
How you can access, update or delete your data.
To easily access, view, update, delete or port your personal data (where available), or to update your subscription preferences, please sign into your Account and visit the “My Account” page. If you make a request to delete your personal data and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honoured only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
If you are unable for any reason to access your Account Settings, you may also contact us by one of the methods described in the “Contact Us” section.
How we secure, store and retain your data.
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilisation of encryption where appropriate.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com
‘Do Not Track’ notifications.
Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 13. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 13. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 13 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will respond to all requests, inquiries or concerns within thirty (30) days.